Arrival and Dismissal
How will the beginning of the day look at Park Elementary?
- Breakfast is scheduled to take place from 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Students will enter through PLAYGROUND DOOR C1.
- PLAYGROUND DOOR C4 will open at 8:00 a.m.
- Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. will enter the building through PLAYGROUND DOORS C4.
- Students arriving after 8:25 a.m. will be considered tardy and will need to report to the office via the front doors to obtain a late pass.
- Teachers will be strategically placed outside and inside the building for the arrival of students.
How will the end of the day look at Park Elementary?
- Dismissal is scheduled for 2:50 p.m.
- Kindergarten will be dismissed from the Kindergarten Playground. Parents/Guardians should enter the KINDERGARTEN PLAYGROUND from Cherry Street and wait along the Cherry Street wall.
- 1st and 2nd Grade will be dismissed to the PLAYGROUND. They will exit the building from PLAYGROUND DOOR C4.
- 3rd Grade will exit to the PLAYGROUND through DOOR C1 & C2.
- 4th Grade will be dismissed from the CHERRY STREET DOOR B1.
All CHILDREN SHOULD BE PICKED UP BY 3:00 P.M. Letters to communicate the importance of picking up your child on time will be given to parents who do not pick up their children by 3:10 p.m.
Important Things to Know:
“END OF THE DAY” PERMISSION FORM: This form is for ALL students who attend Park Elementary and is to help communicate their “END OF THE DAY” PICK-UP ROUTINE. You must decide if your son/daughter will be an INDEPENDENT WALKER OR A WALKER WITH ASSISTANCE.
INDEPENDENT WALKER: An independent walker is defined as a student who has been given written permission to walk home independently. Kindergarteners cannot be considered INDEPENDENT WALKERS. They must be a WALKER WITH ASSISTANCE.
WALKER WITH ASSISTANCE: A walker with assistance is defined as a student who is picked up by a parent/guardian/sibling and who DOES NOT walk home independently.
If you are DRIVING AND PARKING SOMEWHERE NEAR THE SCHOOL, then your child would be considered a WALKER WITH ASSISTANCE. Please do not stand in front of the school to pick up your child. If you are picking your son or daughter up as a walker with assistance, please report TO THE DOOR DESIGNATED FOR THE GRADE LEVEL OF YOUR CHILD. Please pick up younger students before picking up older students.
BUS LOADING ZONE: A BUS LOADING ZONE will be along South 6th Street. It will extend from the edge of the building parking lot to the USPS Mailbox. “BUS LOADING ZONE” signs have been placed and the Police will administer tickets.